We are now ready to tag the release.
Ensure your Zen Cart folder is up to date, especailly as you will have merged the version stamping changes.
Now we tag the release.
If you have not pulled the current list of tags, do so now:
git fetch --tags
You can confirm your local copy of tags using
git tag --list
Note: The tag must be the same as the
newVersion setting in the versionstamper’s
git tag v1.5.8 obviously replacing the release name as appropriate
git push upstream --tags
Possible Remedial Commits
After creating the release on Github (the next step), you will want to test the build and make sure it works.
If you test the resultant build, and find a problem, it may be that you may need to do some remedial commits at this point.
For any new commits at this point, you must manually update headers as it is difficult to re-run the version stamper.
- Edit files to update headers - change date and committer name
- Create PR, merge, update your branch
If you have added extra commits you will need to update the release tag.
git tag -d v1.5.8 git push --delete upstream v1.5.8 git tag v1.5.8 git push upstream --tags
Then re-run these steps of the build:
- Create the release on Github (as noted below).
- Note new commit hash and update Release Log
- Update the zip file SHA on the home page.
- Update the Release Manifest
- Check the Releases Page and be sure the build you just did is Published and the old one is removed.
- If required, update
docs(What’s New file, Changed Files).
Create the Release on Github
After this we then need to create the release on github.
By clicking on the … on the far right hand side we can create a release.
The title should be the same name as the tag name.
- Don’t forget to check the pre-release box
For Official Releases:
- The textarea below the Release title should reference the https://docs.zen-cart.com release documentation.
It’s a good idea to also check the “Create a discussion for this release” box.
When you’re ready, press the Publish Release button.
Take some time to verify the build you just published. Since you already did pre-testing before beginning the build process, hopefully there will be no issues, but if there are, return to the Possible Remedial Commits step.
Additional Release Tasks:
update the What’s New and Changed Files documents for the release in zencart_documentation/content/release.
Create a release announcement on the Zen Cart Forum. Create it as a sticky post. Here is an example release announcement.