New/Featured/Special/Upcoming Products sections
This article is about controlling centerboxes from the admin.
There is a “New Products” section on several pages, including Home Page, New-Products page, All-Products Page, (empty) Shopping Cart page, etc. These sections are called centerboxes.
As the title of this article suggests, there are four built-in Centerboxes:
- New Products
- Featured Products
- Special Products
- Upcoming Products
The pages where the centerboxes are displayed each have a group of centerbox settings.
When you go to Index Listing under Admin > Configuration, you will see options like:
- Show New Products on Main Page
- Show Featured Products on Main Page
- Show Special Products on Main Page
- Show Upcoming Products on Main Page
For each of these values:
- The values you set are the Sort Order of the Centerboxes
- Turn OFF by setting to 0 all of the ones you do NOT want to see displayed
The same is true on other similar configuration menus under Admin > Configuration:
For setting up the Centerboxes of the Empty Shopping Cart, use the settings on the Admin > Configuration > Stock, you will see the settings for:
- Show New Products on empty Shopping Cart Page
- Show Featured Products on empty Shopping Cart Page
- Show Special Products on empty Shopping Cart Page
- Show Upcoming Products on empty Shopping Cart Page
The number of products shown in each centerbox is controlled using settings from Admin > Configuration > Maximum Values.
- The number of New Products displayed is controlled by MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS.
- The number of Featured Products displayed is controlled by MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_FEATURED_PRODUCTS.
- The number of Special Products displayed is controlled by MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS.
- The number of Upcoming Products displayed is controlled by MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS.