Highlighting specific products in your store
Featured Products allow you to highlight products for display in various places.
Once you have created some featured products, Zen Cart has a number of ways for you to show them off:
- the built-in Featured Products page, which appears when you navigate to
- the optional Featured Products Sidebox
- the optional Featured Products Centerbox
You may also configure featured products to appear in the following places:
- on an empty shopping cart page with the setting on Admin > Configuration > Stock
- below a product listing page using the settings on Admin > Configuration > Index Listing
Adding a product to the featured products list is done on the Admin > Catalog > Featured Products page.
The display of items on the Featured Products page is controlled on the Admin > Configuration > Featured Listing page. Setting the Display values on this page is described in greater detail in New Listing - Featured Listing - All Listing configuration settings.
Still have questions? Use the Search box in the upper right, or try the full list of FAQs. If you can't find it there, head over to the Zen Cart support forum and ask there in the appropriate subforum. In your post, please include your Zen Cart and PHP versions, and a link to your site.
Is there an error or omission on this page? Please post to General Questions on the support forum. Or, if you'd like to open a pull request, just review the guidelines and get started. You can even PR right here.
Last modified June 15, 2021 by Scott C Wilson (085ee59).