Showing off new additions to your store
Zen Cart has a number of ways for you to show off new products:
- the built-in New Products Page, configured under Configuration > New Listing. This page appears when you navigate to
- the optional New Products Sidebox
- the optional New Products Centerbox
You may also configure new products to appear in the following places:
- on an empty shopping cart page with the setting on Admin > Configuration > Stock
- below a product listing page using the settings on Admin > Configuration > Index Listing
Determination of what qualifies as “new” is also configurable, using Admin > Configuration > Maximum Values > New Product Listing - Limited to … .
The display of items on the New Products page is controlled on the Admin > Configuration > New Listing page. Setting the Display values on this page is described in greater detail in New Listing - Featured Listing - All Listing configuration settings.
Still have questions? Use the Search box in the upper right, or try the full list of FAQs. If you can't find it there, head over to the Zen Cart support forum and ask there in the appropriate subforum. In your post, please include your Zen Cart and PHP versions, and a link to your site.
Is there an error or omission on this page? Please post to General Questions on the support forum. Or, if you'd like to open a pull request, just review the guidelines and get started. You can even PR right here.
Last modified June 15, 2021 by Scott C Wilson (085ee59).