Upcoming Products are those whose Date Available setting on the product editing page is set to a date in the future.
If you have created upcoming products, Zen Cart allows you to show them in a Centerbox on the main page called Upcoming Products. This can be configured with the setting Show Upcoming Products on Main Page in Admin > Configuration > Index Listing setting.
You may also configure upcoming products to appear in the following places:
- in a centerbox on an empty shopping cart page with the setting Show Upcoming Products on Main Page on Admin > Configuration > Stock
- in a centerbox below a product listing page using the settings on Admin > Configuration > Index Listing
Some stores will set the products status of an upcoming product to Disabled until the release date is reached. In this case, a storeowner may wish to automate the transition to products status Enabled by using the enable disabled product by available date feature, which has been available since Zen Cart 1.5.7.
Note: Upcoming Products were called “Products Expected” in releases prior to v1.5.8.
- Upcoming Products Admin Screen
- how to enable/disable the Upcoming Products section
- Enable disabled product by available date