When you install Zen Cart, one of the prompts asks if you wish to install the demo data. Doing so is an excellent way to see a store which is fully set up, allowing you to explore the features of Zen Cart.
Here are some common scenarios which are shown in the demo data. To view a particular product using its id, use the URL
product 123 would mean the URL above would be
- attribute with weight - product 34 has radio buttons that increase the product’s weight
- attribute with price - product 1 has two dropdown attributes that increase the product’s price; product 34 has radio buttons that increase the product’s price.
- attribute quantity discount - product 159 demonstrates this feature.
- call for price - products 40, 41 and 174 demonstrate the use of the
call for pricesetting.
- color swatches - product 54 shows the use of color samples on a product. Note that product 44 also offers multiple colors but does not show swatches.
- combo product - product 173 may be purchased as a downloaded or a shipped physical product.
- customer uploads - product 34 has attributes called “Logo Front” and “Logo Back” which are images the customer would upload.
- document products - products 170 is a document which is not for sale; product 171 is a document which is for sale.
- downloads - product 166 has a downloadable attribute to show how to attach a digital media file to a product; product 180 shows a PDF file being attached to a product.
- downloads, multiple - product 133 has multiple downloads.
- dropdown attributes - product 1 has dropdown attributes.
- free products - products 39, 57, 42 and 43 show how to create a free product.
- free shipping - products 51, 52, 99, 107 demonstrate this feature.
- gift certificates - product 28-32 and 47 demonstrate this feature.
- pricing by attributes - product 47 shows how to modify the price according to which radio button is selected. (Note that
priced by attributesdiffers from
attributes with pricessee attribute pricing).
- pricing by length - products 154 and 165 are sold by length.
- pricing by letter - product 134 has per letter pricing.
- pricing by word - product 131 has per word pricing.
- quantity discounts - products 127 and 176 demonstrate this feature.
- quantity limits - products 105 and 106 have maximum purchase quantities; products 53-56 have other quantity restrictions. Demonstrations of many other features can be found simply by searching for the feature name.
- sales - search for “Sale”
- specials - search for “Special”