ERROR 0071 - There appears to be a problem with the database
What do to when it says “Maintenance is required.”
This error generally means that one or more system tables cannot be found in the database.
- Database connection problem, such as when the MySQL database service is down or restarting.
- Database tables are corrupt and needing repair. (Repair them using phpMyAdmin).
- Empty database. This can occur if you’ve provided valid DB credentials in your configure.php files and the database itself exists but contains no tables. In this case you need to run
zc_installto properly setup the database contents.
- Tables missing. Did you recently “upgrade” but haven’t yet run
zc_installto create the proper tables?
- Wrong table-prefix setting. This symptom most commonly occurs when moving your site to another server and not properly preserving the
DB_PREFIXsetting from the old site’s configure.php into the new site’s configure.php, thus the tablenames cannot be located because they don’t match up properly. Or you need to import the correct matching database data, since what you’ve got in the database presently isn’t suitable for your current
(To manually figure out the correct prefix to use, look at the database using phpMyAdmin and see what common 2-4 letter prefix starts all the tablenames. Then set that value into the
DB_PREFIX definition in your
Still have questions? Use the Search box in the upper right, or try the full list of FAQs. If you can't find it there, head over to the Zen Cart support forum and ask there in the appropriate subforum. In your post, please include your Zen Cart and PHP versions, and a link to your site.
Is there an error or omission on this page? Please post to General Questions on the support forum. Or, if you'd like to open a pull request, just review the guidelines and get started. You can even PR right here.
Last modified August 15, 2020 by Scott C Wilson (db9ffcf).